[Tagging] Japan road tagging (Was "what todo if the status of a propal isn't set to Voting")

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 22:55:49 UTC 2019

On Thu, 9 May 2019 at 06:15, marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Some use the status to check propal with the status=Voting
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Category:Proposals_with_%22Voting%22_status

When I had a look at that page, I noticed
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_Japan_tagging/Road_types,
which I hadn't seen discussed previously.

I think it may be for changing road details in Japan only, but also seems
to refer to general highway classifications under the "What pages are
affected" heading?

Is it possible to change details for only one country, or would this
proposal change all highway details, worldwide?

If so, shouldn't that be discussed much more widely?

Thanks

Graeme