[Tagging] Feature Proposal - crossing=marked

Nick Bolten nbolten at gmail.com
Fri May 10 23:42:48 UTC 2019

> you have still to show us a crossing with traffic lights only for
pedestrians :)

Having trouble finding a good picture (I'll keep looking), but there are
mid-block crossings where pedestrians can press an APS to turn on traffic
warning lights - usually yellow in the US. Some of these crossings do not
immediately give you those traffic warnings lights, but instead are tied to
nearby traffic and turn on after a delay. When the lights turn on, there is
some form of a pedestrian signal: sometimes the APS talks to you, sometimes
there's a visual cue: lights turn on or a "walk" sign enables.

Whether warning lights count as a "traffic signal" seems to be an issue of
contention. There's a theme!

> Crossing refers to a pedestrian (or bicycle) crossing, when there are
only traffic lights for the traffic on the road, but not for the crossing
traffic then there won’t be a crossing tag.

I think I'm confused. crossing=unmarked and crossing=uncontrolled would
both apply in that situation, right?