[Tagging] Misuse of name tag for route description

Jo winfixit at gmail.com
Sat May 11 22:17:30 UTC 2019

OK, so I tested and I renamed one of the many bus routes I'm maintaining,
moved from name to description. And you know what: both JOSM and the web
interface now show the ref instead of the description, so until that gets
resolved there is not very much chance people will want to move from the
name tag to the description tag.

As always, there is, of course, a reason why we 'abuse' the name tag for
this purpose. Personally I also don't think it's abusing the tag.

For the people proposing t use what is on the 'film' on the front of the
bus: there are itineraries where this text changes midway, so that's
definitely not the name fo that specific itinerary either.

Jo