[Tagging] How to tag sidewalk slides

Nick Bolten nbolten at gmail.com
Thu May 16 23:47:07 UTC 2019

The amount of time someone spent at an incline is important for some
pedestrians, so I'd use an option that splits the way and sets the incline
tag.

sidewalk=slide might be related to a tag I've wanted for a while. I think I
would personally call that a ramp, so maybe a use of a tag like ramp=yes
would be worth discussing.

There's two big benefits I can name right away:

- It becomes easier to incrementally map l to armchair map these features.
User A tags ramp=yes on a footways (armchair mappable), User B can then use
a QA tool and add incline=up/down (armchair mappable), user C can add
incline=a number (must map on-site).

- It becomes possible to distinguish infrastructure built as a ramp (like
this slide or a wheelchair ramp) from any other segment of footway that
just happens to be steep.

Does ramp=yes seem like an appropriate (hypothetical) tag for this
situation?