[Tagging] Navaid relation?

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Tue May 21 22:16:28 UTC 2019

Hi marc,

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 10:02:53PM +0000, marc marc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Le 21.05.19 ร  23:46, Florian Lohoff a รฉcritย :
> > Currently all Routing/Navigation application try hard to find
> > the nearest or best point on the routeable network for a given
> > destination lat/lon or object.
>
> with best, you mean : only one ? that look like wrong
> a destination can have several points depending on the type
> of locomotion.
> the same type of locomotion can have several points, e.g. several ways
> that desert a station by foot, several other for car, ...

What is the expectation to get navigated to when selecting a park? When
there are several for a car? Currently its random where you get
navigated to - There is no deteministic type to describe the nav point.
It depends on geometries of roads which might not describe the real
point you want to be guided to.

Geometries of the Park and Road follow strict "map what you see" or
"ground truth" - With this principle there is no way to map the nav
point without bending ground truth.

> > - Large OSM objects like airports, campsites, parks, malls etc are not really
> >    identified by a node/point in OSM but an area. Currently it is mostly
> >    luck if this is correctly routable.
>
> put one or more node on the outer with entrance=yes/main :)
> I use foot/vehicle/bicycle=designed to describe the type
> of locomotion for this entrance

This does not work for all cases and all objects.

> > - Houses which are routeable by road a but are near road b
>
> add door/entrance but also add missing ways to connect to the road A

Doesnt work - You are navigating by car but you only have a footway up
to hour house - Still the house is near road b - thus you get navigated
to the wrong street.

> > work in application A but not B.
>
> open an issue for B ?

So for every kind of object we open bugs for Applications a-z except
$RANDOMAPP ?

Wouldnt it make sense to have a generic description for this problem?

Currently i fake geometries to fix these kind of issues. Detaching
addresses from house geometries putting it near the road i expect
people to be navigated to.

Flo
        UTF-8 Test: The ๐Ÿˆ ran after a ๐Ÿ, but the ๐Ÿ ran away