[Tagging] Opening hours syntax for non Gregorian calendar

Simon Poole simon at poole.ch
Wed May 22 14:08:45 UTC 2019

Am 22.05.2019 um 14:31 schrieb Paul Allen:
> ..
> As others have pointed out, we might be able to accommodate holidays.
> Although we're likely
> to end up with collisions in the two-character namespace we currently
> allow for them.  Feasible,
> maybe.  Month names are something that isn't feasible without
> namespacing opening_hours.

That is not really correct as written, OH has the concept of variable
dates which are based on some external definition of when they exactly
are, currently the only one defined is "easter".  Typically you would
use these to start/end date ranges or a single date that is on or can be
defined relative to such a date. So adding "ramadan" or any other,
externally defined date of note is not really an issue as long as the
string used doesn't conflict with anything else.

That is a separate concept from "PH" and "SH" which are just general
references to public resp. school holidays (I suppose there might be a
use case for "RH", religious holidays, but lets don't add baggage before
somebody actually asks for it :-)).

Simon