[Tagging] iD adding highway=footway to all railway/public_transport=platform ways and relations

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Thu May 23 17:39:53 UTC 2019

On Thu, 23 May 2019 at 18:28, Nick Bolten <nbolten at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm confused, because these two statements seem incompatible. If it's redundant, how can it also have a conflict like different address restrictions? I'd like to know how, as a data consumer, I should reliably interpret existing platforms without the tag added by iD.

Please excuse the bad wording. I meant that even if platforms had the
same access restrictions as footways, they should not additionally be
tagged highway=footway, because this were redundant. But as platforms
often have different access restrictions (e.g. you cannot enter w/o a
ticket), adding highway=footway is conflicting.

Regards

Markus