[Tagging] iD adding highway=footway to all railway/public_transport=platform ways and relations

Dave F davefoxfac63 at btinternet.com
Thu May 23 18:49:25 UTC 2019

Please see the discussion on the Transit forum.
Platform should only be tagged when their is a *physical* object of a
raise platform, not just an imaginary area of pavement.

 From OSM's Welcome page:
"OpenStreetMap is a place for mapping things that are both /real and
current/ "
"What it /doesn't/ include is... hypothetical features"

There is a call to greatly simplify the ever expanding, confusing public
transport schema. This ID proposal only muddies the waters further.

DaveF