[Tagging] the nature of large-scale paid edits (was Re: Service road)

Clifford Snow clifford at snowandsnow.us
Fri Nov 8 00:45:36 UTC 2019

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:59 PM Graeme Fitzpatrick <graemefitz1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On the subject of mapping driveways - do people only map up to the front
> fence (especially in suburban areas), or all the way to the garage / house
> ie everything visible on aerial imagery?
>
> I map to the garage to or in the case of a farmyard, to the general
parking area since it's hard to tell which structure might the garage. I
also don't map too many driveways, only when I feel like getting to the
house a user might not know which service road to take.

Where I've lived there are not that many fenced yards. But if I discovered
a fence with a gate, I would most likely add the gate and extend the
driveway to the garage.

In both cases I'm thinking about emergency services like fire and
ambulances. I'm happy that amazon is adding so many. Maybe one day our
emergency services will consider using OSM.

--
@osm_washington
www.snowandsnow.us