[Tagging] Supermarket pick-up service

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Fri Nov 8 12:40:20 UTC 2019

Its not a shop, you don't buy anything there. Maybe supermarket=customer_collect or customer_pickup. Collect fits my British English ears better than pickup, that means something a bit different.

One supermarket uses the marketing term Click and Collect.

They are covered, so the customer can drive in, so maybe borrow the drive_through tag from fast food outlets.

Not all are attached to the supermarket, others are a separate building in the car park.

Phil (trigpoint )

On Friday, 8 November 2019, Tom Pfeifer wrote:
> A supermarket chain offers to order groceries online, being collected and packed, and picked up by
> the customers themselves in a small shop in the local supermarket building. Illustration [1].
>
> How should the shop be tagged? shop=pick-up ?
>
> tom
>

> [1] https://shop.rewe-static.de/homepage/239036b7585997a3323062a8f5ee218f410147b2/img/hero/as.jpg

Sent from my Sailfish device