[Tagging] emergency=ambulance_station vs amenity=fire_station

Jan Michel jan at mueschelsoft.de
Sun Nov 10 13:14:44 UTC 2019

On 10.11.19 13:51, Dave F via Tagging wrote:
> Hi
>
> Simple question (which I presume has been previously discussed) :
>
> Why the different key tags to describe what are essentially synonymous
> entities?

One of them takes care to put out fires, the other transports you to
hospital. There are regions where the two are mostly combined, but in
other places these are completly separate organizations.

E.g. in Germany they are mostly combined in the larger cities, but
usually separated in smaller towns. That's related to having
professional fire fighters and stations that are always manned compared
to volunteers who have to gather first.