[Tagging] shop=ice_cream vs amenity=ice_cream and OSM Wiki vs tagging

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 12:02:07 UTC 2019

> I have not found non-shops tagged as shop=ice_cream, have you?

The example photo on the shop=ice_cream wiki page shows an "ice cream
parlour", which I would not call a shop.

Previously it was claimed that a shop has to be in a building rather
than in a booth, stand or van. However, I don't believe this is true
globally: shop=farm can be used for booths or stands set up next to
the road to sell farm produce in the USA, and previously it was
suggested that I could use either shop=fruit or shop=green_grocer for
stands that sell fruit in Indonesia. Also, there's the tag shop=kiosk
- a kiosk is closer to a booth or stand than to a building.

- Joseph Eisenberg