[Tagging] emergency=ambulance_station vs amenity=fire_station

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Nov 12 11:20:40 UTC 2019

Am Di., 12. Nov. 2019 um 11:49 Uhr schrieb Dave F via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org>:

> We are (almost) all volunteers, Joseph. It's irritating that this claim
> is repeatedly rolled out as an excuse.
>
> I'm increasingly disappointed my *voluntary* contributions to the OSM
> database are are not being fairly or accurately being represented by
> OSM-Carto due to errors in the programming. It's ridiculous these errors
> (many of the 400 open issues) can't be fixed "for many years".
>
> Is OSM-Carto fit to be promoted as OSM's flagship, de-facto rendering?

Dave, I find it extremely unfair to write this explicitly to Joseph,
because he is one of the very active contributors to OSM-carto at the
moment and has tackled a lot of issues.

> Please get back to me when OSM-Carto has a valid reason for not
> rendering disused bridges.

how are you tagging them? What do you mean by "disused" bridges? Could they
still be used, or would it be dangerous?

Cheers
Martin