[Tagging] disguised communication towers

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 22:00:31 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 13. Nov 2019, at 22:02, Eric Theise <erictheise at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> From my morning reading it seems that entities tagged with
>
>   tower:type=communication
>   tower:construction=concealed
>
> and either man_made=mast or man_made=tower should cough up cellphone towers masquerading as cacti, palms, pines, flagpoles, and such.

tower:construction seems a tag that describes different orthogonal properties according to the mostly used values. Some describe a structural system (eg. lattice, guyed lattice, tube), others a shape (e.g. dish, dome), others a structural property (freestanding), others a material (stone, steel, metal, concrete). It’s a complete mess, and concealed fits nicely by adding yet another different kind of property to it ;-)

Cheers Martin