[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Pedestrian lane

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 16:30:27 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 16. Nov 2019, at 11:25, Markus <selfishseahorse at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I use highway=footway + footway=link connect steps and sidewalks to a
> road, in order to retain the real length and geometry of the steps or
> sidewalks and to indicate that these aren't steps or a sidewalk
> anymore, but part of the carriageway of the road. Other mappers seem
> to use this scheme too (already 743 uses and only every 7th is from
> me).

there are also some highway:virtual=* and virtual:highway=* mostly used with footway values (footway also path and pedestrian), but the sum of both is around 130 so it’s used even less.

Generally, if this was agreed, wouldn’t we have to split every footway that connects to a road for its last 2 or so meters, because that’s actually the road (in a model that takes the extension of the ways into account)?

Cheers Martin