[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Pedestrian lane

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 20:15:09 UTC 2019

On Mon, 18 Nov 2019 at 02:48, John Willis via Tagging
<tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> I use “unmarked crossing” for all connections of sidewalks where they dead-end and have to be connected into the road.

If there's a second sidewalk or a pedestrian lane on the opposite side
of the road, this may make sense. But if there's just a sidewalk that
ends and pedestrians don't cross the road there (example [1]),
footway=crossing + crossing=unmarked seems wrong to me.

[1]: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/547007384