[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - footway=link

Markus selfishseahorse at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 18:03:19 UTC 2019

On Wed, 20 Nov 2019 at 13:54, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:

> the issue with steps being represented too long is not related to the proposal of adding a specific subtag. I generally map highway=steps only for the (approximated) actual projection of the steps (first to last riser of each steps part) and add highway=footway for the landings and for the connections on the bottom and top.

If the steps end in the street (as in the examples in my previous
message [1] [2]), then there isn't a real highway=footway; this
connection is completely part of the road area. The aim of this
proposal is to indicate data users that this is a connection instead
of a footpath.

[1]: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/86205950
[2]: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/416303537
(Set https://mapproxy.osm.ch/tiles/bern2016/EPSG900913/{zoom}/{x}/{y}.png?origin=nw