[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Small electric vehicles

s8evq s8evq at runbox.com
Fri Nov 22 18:17:00 UTC 2019

On Sun Nov 10 21:09:26 UTC 2019 Volker Schmidt  wrote:

> In most EEU counties I believe pedelecs are treated like bicycles and
> S-pedelecs as mofas or light motorcycles. So for these two vehicles we do
> not need new access tags. They are covered by existing tags.

I don't think this is always true. In Belgium, we have distinctly different access tags for the speed pedelecs (electrically powered bicycles with speed up to 45 km/h) in the law. It's indicated on traffic signs with the letter P.

We currently have Class A (mofa, up to 25 km/h). Class B (moped up to 45 km/h) and now Class P (speed pedelec up to 45 km / h).

Some examples:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/File:C3_met_jaagpad_met_uitzondering_voor_speed_pedelecs.png
Class A (mofa) and P (speedpedelec) allowed, not B (moped)

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/images/4/44/M11NL.png
This sign makes an exception for regular bicycle and speed pedelecs in for example one way streets, but not for mofa or mopeds.

So in Belgium, I think we do need a specific access tag for speed pedelecs. People have been using moped_p=* for a while now, but this never went through the proposal process.