[Tagging] Barrier=berm

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Tue Nov 26 08:28:08 UTC 2019

Graeme, please mark the page as proposal.

I am not at all happy with "berm". It is unfortunately a term used for a
number of different things all related to earthworks.
What is missing in OSM are clean-cut mapping possibilities for (slopped)
earth walls  and for (one-sided) slopes.
Berm is neither of the two. In addition the main and original meaning of
berm is a step in the slope of an earth wall. See the first diagram in
the German
Wikipedia page for Berme. <https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berme>
This photo
<https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Levee_of_the_River_Po.jpg> shows
one of the objects that I would like to map properly: A river levee with
two berms.