[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Phone)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 21:07:23 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 7. Oct 2019, at 22:40, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think that's a claim that needs to be demonstrated. Certainly, the
> complexity of the contact:* schema and the variety of both editors and
> data consumers has proven to be a barrier to widespread acceptance.

frankly I am an old fashioned contributor and do not like presets. When I am going to add tags, I type them, the beginning, and usually tag completion will have the correct tag after 1-4 key strokes. I am sure there are more people like me, maybe we‘re a minority, but if we are I bet it’s significant. Now for this kind of workflow, namespaces are problematic. I already dislike farmyard and farmland for the 5 characters required, not to speak about addr:housenumber and addr:housename (the latter is mostly useless but as a is before u, this often forces me to type 12 characters before I can hit return). I have made peace with these tags as they are around for a long time, but they clearly aren’t the direction I would want the project to go more to. let’s us all save a lot of typing and let’s bury the contact: - prefix.

Cheers Martin