[Tagging] Tagging forest parcels

David Marchal penegal at live.fr
Wed Oct 9 16:11:49 UTC 2019

Hello, there.

My question is simple: how do we tag such things? The boundary=forest_compartment relation is not rendered, and what is rendered is tagging as landuse=forest both the forest and its parcels, which leads to rendering it twice, as you can see here: https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/6086515 Besides, such forest are often mistagged for the renderer: as the contributor wants the parcel number rendered, he puts it in the name tag, not in the ref tag, to which I assume it should belong.

So, is there an "official"/recommended/widespread way to tag forest parcels, their number and them belonging to a forest?

Awaiting your answers,

Regards.