[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - sunbathing

Vɑdɪm vadp.devl at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 15:51:03 UTC 2019

dieterdreist wrote
> sent from a phone
>
>> On 14. Oct 2019, at 20:03, Markus <

> selfishseahorse@

> > wrote:
>>
>> It's a detail, but i think that leisure=sunbathing_area (or
>> leisure=sunbathing_place) were a more descriptive tag than
>> leisure=sunbathing. Besides, most leisure=* values are nouns.
>

> I agree with sunbathing_area being a better value for leisure, although
> the word „sunbathing“ can also be used as a noun.
>
> I would personally find a property sunbathing=yes/no to be applied to
> other areas (which can have different purposes) more useful.

Yes, leisure=sunbathing_area seems to me fine, especially on par with the
leisure=swimming_area.

IMHO leisure=sunbathing_area should be a self-contained area, somewhat
similar to leisure=swimming_area or leisure=pitch. Each of them denotes an
area associated with a certain activity.

sunbathing=yes/no on the other hand is closer to access=* (similarly to
fishing=*). As discussed earlier perhaps only sunbathing=no would make some
sense.

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Tagging-f5258744.html