[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - sunbathing

Vɑdɪm vadp.devl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 11:41:34 UTC 2019

I think you guys forgot one thing: the OSM is not specifically about UK,
Australia or any other country. It's a global map.

In your region you may perhaps you may not have any dedicated areas for
sunbathing, so -- don't use the tag. On the other hand I could imagine there
are some countries you could be jailed if you'd try to sunbathe in the
fields. You may also find something in the middle.

Here and then I've found some areas designated for sunbathing, and I wanted
to map it accordingly.

Re: other tags. I didn't put my reasoning hence probably your reaction. In
the essence, please try to look not only outside your window.

Tag:leisure=fishing simply says "Place for fishing", that's it literally. So
probably you use your *personal assumptions* if using this tag which could
not be obvious for the others.

I could imagine that in UK you may only fish at the marked areas and you'd
be fined if you go fishing anywhere else. In other regions you can go
fishing nearly everywhere except the nature reserves (also depends on how
you do your fishing). So in the latter case you may say that leisure=fishing
is vague and useless.

But if you stick to the dedicated areas (which the leisure=fishing currently
does not require) it becomes much easier to verify it. That's what I'm using
in the proposal.

As for the others...

leisure=swimming_area as per the wiki a signage is not required, buoys, etc.
are optional. It just needs to be an "officially designated place".

amenity=lounger -- could be a movable and seasonal object.
leisure=outdoor_seating in some countries could be just a part of a street
in a good weather.

Tag:leisure=dance could be not only dance halls, but also "other venues
which offer social dancing or participation dancing". Again a signage is not
required.

In all these cases you, as a responsible mapper need to ask your judgement
if indeed your tagging could be verified by others.

BTW please excuse my English if it matters.

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Tagging-f5258744.html