[Tagging] swimming=* access tag

Robert Skedgell rob at hubris.org.uk
Wed Oct 23 10:37:52 UTC 2019

On 23/10/2019 11:15, MARLIN LUKE wrote:
> I'm actually quite surprised this didn't exist.
>
> In France there are also some lakes with holiday camps around where it's
> clearly stated if swimming is allowed or not.
> Sometimes, it might be only for specific portions of the lake though,
> how would that work?

I think that case where only part of the lake is used is better mapped
using the existing leisure=swimming_area tag for an area within the body
of water. Usually the area can be determined from buoys marking the
boundaries or turning points. I have mapped the managed and permitted
swimming area in Victoria Dock, London in this way
<https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/698565113>.