[Tagging] place or border_type ?

Rob Savoye rob at senecass.com
Mon Oct 28 01:47:46 UTC 2019

  While tracking down a problem with searching addresses in OsmAnd, I
noticed the lack of a 'place' or 'border_type' tag in US state county
boundary relations. I understand, don't hack for the renderer or search
engine, so as a pure tagging issue, should boundaries for US counties
within a state be tagged with 'place=county' ? Or should it  be
'border_type=county' ? Unfortunately neither is used in my state much,
so was wondering the proper way to tag this.

	- rob -
--
https://www.senecass.com