[Tagging] Mapping specifically every traffic signal

yo paseopor yopaseopor at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 23:11:00 UTC 2019

Hi!

Mapping Barcelona in a more specific way (we have the authorization to use
Townhall's Barcelona OpenData, we have one project to import Spain Cadastre
buildings and portals, etc.) we have realized we need a more accurate way
to map the traffic signals.

Now we have three kinds of these artifacts:

-Car/Truck traffic signals. With two or more traffic signals (normally we
have one at the side and one above the road).
-Bicycle traffic signals. As a city with more than one hundred kilometers
of cycleways Barcelona is well-know for the tries of the Townhall to be
bike-friendly.
-Pedestrian traffic signals. With a position perpendicular to car traffic
signal is important because of accessibility data (it can buzz, it can
flash, it can count...)

I think the best way to do this is using well-know vehicle access tags, and
also the most advanced scheme to tag directions and sides.
The position of the nodes will be the same as now, on the way it affects
little before the crossing.
For these reasons I propose new way to tag all these kinds of traffic
signals as it follows in every way you have affected by one of these.

car,truck... traffic signal:

highway=traffic_signals (we can avoid this)
traffic_signal:forward/backward=motor_vehicle
traffic_signal:direction=forward (only if the above option is not accepted,
using iD proposal)
side=above side=right or left (it depends of the location of the pole
relative to the way it is )

bike traffic signal:
highway=traffic_signals (we can avoid this)
traffic_signal:forward/backward=bicycle
traffic_signal:direction=forward (only if the above option is not accepted,
using iD proposal)
side=above ,right or left (it depends of the location of the pole relative
to the way it is )

pedestrian traffic signal:
highway=traffic_signals (we can avoid this)
traffic_signal:forward/backward=foot
traffic_signal:direction=forward (only if the above option is not accepted,
using iD proposal)
side=above ,right or left (it depends of the location of the pole relative
to the way it is )

horse traffic signal:
highway=traffic_signals (we can avoid this)
traffic_signal:forward/backward=horse
traffic_signal:direction=forward (only if the above option is not accepted,
using iD proposal)
side=above ,right or left (it depends of the location of the pole relative
to the way it is )

then you will complement all of this with another node being the crossing
with every road, in the place we do now.

Traffic signals are so important we need a good  specific scheme to do a
good and specific mapping

What do you think about that?

Salut i mapes (Health and maps)
yopaseopor