[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting - Campsite properties

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 8 23:52:09 UTC 2019

Several new and existing property and feature tags for campsites,
caravan sites, camp pitches, picnic sites and related tourism features
are now open for voting:

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Campsite_properties

Main changes:

- Deprecate booking=* (use reservation=* instead)
- Deprecate bbq=* (use barbecue_grill=* instead).

There is also a list of new properties and features. These do not yet
have wiki pages:

- amenity=power_supply
- amenity=bear_box
- bear_box=yes/no
- amenity=greywater_drain
- greywater_drain=yes/no
- kitchen=yes/no
- waste_disposal=yes/no
- scout=yes/no

See the whole list at
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Campsite_properties#Tagging:_List_of_Proposed_Tags_To_Approve

I apologize for including this many tags in the proposal.

However, it appears that they are non-controversial since there were
no specific negative comments during the RFC, and they are already
used at least a few times in the database, so I'm proceeding with
voting for them all together to save everyone time.

But since I think it's not best practice to include so many tags in
one proposal, I've got a special deal for anyone who objects to one of
these tags:

Just include a comment with your vote stating which tag you oppose and
why, and we will consider it "vetoed", and I will bring it up as a
separate proposal later which can be discussed in more detail.

This could be a comment with a "approve" vote, a "disapprove" vote, or
an "abstain", depending on how you feel about the rest of the proposed
tags.

If you missed the previous discussions about these tags, see
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Campsite_properties#External_discussions

Here's the link for voting:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Campsite_properties#Voting

-Joseph Eisenberg