[Tagging] Open Defecation Areas

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 08:46:45 UTC 2019

On 09/09/19 18:20, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 09.09.19 02:37, Warin wrote:
>> Quote: "Open Defecation, people going to the toilet in the open,
>> specially in dense urban areas. Open defecation areas ODA are use by
>> about 850 million people. If they each use 10 different areas a year
>> then that is 8.5 billion areas."
> I don't follow that logic. If the 300k inhabitants of my city each use a
> bus stop 100 times per year, then that means our city has 30 million bus
> stops?

Good point.
I think what occurs is that an area is used until it reaches 'end of life' and so a new area is then used. Could happen 10 times a year.

How many people use the one area ? I have no idea. In dense urban areas there would have to be a few people using the one place?

I do know that in some areas of the world a farmers family will defecate in their fields,
I think they are not constantly in one area but distribute the waste so as not to swamp one place.