[Tagging] Tourist bus stop

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 09:41:29 UTC 2019

Am Mi., 11. Sept. 2019 um 04:39 Uhr schrieb Leif Rasmussen <354lbr at gmail.com
>:

> My main concern is that some bus stops could be both for tourist buses and
> for public buses. Using ptv2 instead, with public_transport=platform +
> coach=designated or tourist_bus=designated would be easier.

if both can stop, it is not a tourist bus stop but a regular bus stop where
coaches can stop. I have difficulties imagining it, but I would not exclude
the possibility. Usually these tourist bus stops are set up in areas with a
lot of traffic and few parking space, in these settings you would not want
tourist busses to block pt bus stops, the setting where it would be
imaginable are low density places where it doesn't matter anyway where you
stop (no problem, next bus in 4 hours). For these cases, it could be a
property for highway=bus_stop (e.g. tourist_bus=yes / boarding(?))

Cheers,
Martin