[Tagging] "part:wikidata=*" tag proposal for multiple elements connected to the same wikidata id

Imre Samu pella.samu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 16:47:48 UTC 2019

> if we enforce the "unique wikidata id" rule.

imho: lot of unintended consequences.
The 2 community/database has a different rules, different focus, and
activity.
and I don't believe that 1:1 relationship is possible with the current osm
data model.

And mapping with a mobile phone,  it is impossible to fix a wikidata errors
for a beginners.
so I prefer the  loosely coupled relationship of the 2 system.

on the other hand - we need to analyze the problem more deeper, because lot
of (wikidata) tagging errors is hidden now.
so need some solutions ( QA checks )   ..   but we need to keep the
compatibility - as we can ...

As I know - the "wikidata" tags used mostly for labelling - so your
proposed change will be painful.
The "Localized map rendering" is also a high priority.  (
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Top_Ten_Tasks#Localized_map_rendering
 )
so your proposal need some solutions for this problem - because the 2
problem is related.

Janko Mihelić <janjko at gmail.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2019. szept. 11., Sze,
16:32):