[Tagging] "part:wikidata=*" tag proposal for multiple elements connected to the same wikidata id

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 19:30:12 UTC 2019

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 at 20:18, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
wrote:

> 11 Sep 2019, 21:48 by pla16021 at gmail.com:
>
> On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 at 19:43, Mateusz Konieczny <matkoniecz at tutanota.com>
> wrote:
>

> It gets tricky where wikidata has a
> single object for things like
> lake and surrounding wetlands
>

> Then the wikidata item is for the wetlands, which happen to have a lake
> within them.
>
> Wikidata item was generated by bots.
> Wikipedia article was about lake and surrounding wetlands.

WIthout seeing the article I can't determine what it actually depicts.  The
Wikipedia article
about Cardigan mentions it's in the county of Ceredigion but it's an
article about Cardigan,
the title says Cardigan, the URL says Cardigan and the wikidata is about
Cardigan.  Is
the wikipedia article about the lake and mentions it's in wetlands, is it
about the wetlands and
it mentions the lake in them, or is it specifically about both?  Does the
wikidata item match
what the article says?  If the article and wikidata match, then associate
them with the lake or
the wetlands or (using a multipolygon) both, as appropriate.  If the
wikidata item doesn't
match the article then fix one or the other, or wait for somebody else to
do that, then map
accordingly.

--
Paul