[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Reusable packaging

Antoine Jaury antoine at jaury.eu
Thu Sep 12 10:39:10 UTC 2019

Hello,

It's not the same as the key bulk_purchase.

As explained:

    " OpenStreetMap allows to identify bulk purchase shops
    <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:bulk_purchase> and it
    exists some applications like https://cartovrac.fr for people who
    just want a render of these data.

    Shops accepting reusable containers are not necessarily shops who
    sell "bulk products". It could be any shop that accepts that people
    bring their own containers to buy a food product, soap, detergent
    ... A shop that has bulk products, as described in the OpenStreetMap
    wiki <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:bulk_purchase>, is not
    necessarily a shop who accepts reusable containers. Some shops
    selling bulk products will only accept that their customers use the
    one-use only bags proposed by the shop."

A shop that has bulk product doesn't necessarily sell its product with
reusable packaging. Some shops use plastic bags to sell bulk products.

Also, a butcher, a bakery, a pastry shops are not considered as
bulk_purchase shops but they can sell their product using reusable
packaging.