[Tagging] "part:wikidata=*" tag proposal for multiple elements connected to the same wikidata id

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 08:52:21 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 13. Sep 2019, at 21:13, Andy Mabbett <andy at pigsonthewing.org.uk> wrote:
>
> Can we agree that these should all be removed, or replaced with
> suitable sub-tag, ASAP? the sub-tag might be, say:
>
>   historic:wikidata=Q2961670

-1 to this kind of redundancy (or outsourcing of definition authority, if the only description are wikidata references). Imho we should stick to self contained tags for describing things. Referring to related (instance) objects in third party open databases is fine, but we should not use foreign classes as tags, it should be possible by using just our tags to find out what something is. Our tags are human readable, and we should not give this up.

Cheers Martin