[Tagging] [Key:phone] - Suggesting wiki page changing

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 23:25:39 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 23. Sep 2019, at 16:19, Volker Schmidt <voschix at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Here in Italy you may dial a number that looks like a landline but is in reality a mobile number.
> I would very much prefer a list of numbers, and not have to do tricks like phone_1, phone_2 ... but also not to have to specify if a number is mobile or landline.

+1,
with phone numbers you can currently still see how it used to work in the analog times (e.g. shops in the same area still have mostly the same initial local digits), but these are clearly traces of the past that will sooner or later vanish, with modern equipment you can have (at least theoretically) any number routed anywhere. For example SIP based phone numbers often look like local numbers of a specific area, but in fact are routed via the internet and the actually connected device could be anywhere on earth.

Cheers Martin