[Tagging] Was there every a proposal for the disused:key=* / abandoned:key=* lifecycle prefixes?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 21:31:43 UTC 2019

Am Mi., 25. Sept. 2019 um 16:24 Uhr schrieb Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com>:

> On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 at 14:48, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> E.g. an abandoned:building is probably more a ruin than a building, while
>> a disused building is still a building.
>>

> Either way, the building is still visible and can be used for navigation
> purposes.  If you add
> disused=yes or abandoned=yes the building still renders.  Use a lifecycle
> prefix and it
> doesn't render.

rendering considerations apart, my point was that disused=yes is ok as long
as building=* still applies, (i.e. no to disused:building=airport), but if
there are only ruins you would not account for this with just a modifier
like in building=yes, ruins=yes, because it isn't a building=yes anymore.

Cheers
Martin