[Tagging] Was there every a proposal for the disused:key=* / abandoned:key=* lifecycle prefixes?

Richard Fairhurst richard at systemed.net
Thu Sep 26 15:48:41 UTC 2019

Paul Allen wrote:
> BTW, that's on national cycle route 82, so whether or not it really is
> a pub would be of interest to some mappers.

Oh, has that closed? That's a shame. (I stayed in St Dogmaels a few years
ago, thought the Castle Inn looked wonderfully old-fashioned, and was
planning to go but was diverted by some other excellent pubs nearby. Not
least the one in St Dogmaels itself which served Gwynt y Ddraig Black
Dragon. I'd hoped to return one day... ah well.)

> Mapping it as amenity=pub + disused=yes would (if carto
> is consistent with other times I've tried disused=yes) render it as a pub
> where disused:amenity=pub does not render it as a pub.

Sure, but OSM isn't just about rendering, let alone just osm-carto
rendering. A "find a pint of beer near me" app which does a proximity search
for amenity=pub won't work very well if some of those pubs... aren't pubs.

amenity=pub means "actually a pub", not "thing that looks like a pub".

cheers
Richard

--
Sent from: http://gis.19327.n8.nabble.com/Tagging-f5258744.html