[Tagging] Barrier defaults

Florian Lohoff f at zz.de
Thu Sep 26 19:13:28 UTC 2019

On Thu, Sep 26, 2019 at 10:35:45AM +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> explicit access tagging for barriers is generally preferable because
> it reduces the uncertainty.
>
> Still if there is a barrier and no access tags are set you will have
> to figure out how to deal with it.
>
> For bollards I agree it is likely that pedestrians can pass. For other
> barriers like gates or even ropes/chains, it will not be possible
> without access tags to understand when you can pass, even as a
> pedestrian.

I dont like rules with too many exceptions - thats the point. I agree
that bollards are a little obvious as a pedestrian will most likely
be able to pass.

But for the sake of simplicity i would rather call for only
explicit tagging so people can process barriers whatever they are
called - No if/then/else/otherwise/maybe spaghetti in all data
consumers.

Flo