[Tagging] Was there every a proposal for the disused:key=* / abandoned:key=* lifecycle prefixes?

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 09:59:49 UTC 2019

>> A "find a pint of beer near me" app which does a proximity search
>> for amenity=pub won't work very well if some of those pubs... aren't pubs.
>>
>> amenity=pub means "actually a pub", not "thing that looks like a pub".
>

> Which is why, for this one, I used disused:amenity=pub.  Which (currently, on standard
> carto) doesn't render as a pub.  It still looks like a pub because of the sign, which they
> cannot legally remove.  In another case, where I knew a pub had shut temporarily
> (because of a fire) but would eventually re-open, I tagged it as disused:amenity=pub.
> Both of those continued to show up on various pub websites as still being pubs because
> not all websites use OSM data to decide what is and isn't a pub.

so disused:amenity=pub ; building=pub (it looks like a pub);
building:use=house (or is it :usage?)

There are similar problems in my area with

- windmills (with or without vanes) that are now ruins/residential
house/museum/...
- watermills (no longer functioning, but the outside still looks like
a watermill, now used as house, etc.)
- bunkers (typically unused)

They could be mapped with building=windmill/watermill/bunker and
disused:man_made=windmill/watermill or disused:military=bunker.
I assume that disused=yes could also be used on bunkers, as they
usually have no other function today. So there is no confusion with
any other tags to which the "disused" could be applied.
This is unlike the windmills and watermills that still function as
house or museum or ...

regards.