[Tagging] Strange tags

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 14:09:16 UTC 2019

Hi,

I was mapping an area of geologic significance in Scotland, Dob's Linn,
today and as I was panning here and there looking at nearby features came
across some tags that I have never seen before. They were added back in
2010 so I didn't bother to try to contact the original mapper. Instead,
perhaps one of you has stumbled on similar tags in your work. I'm guessing
that the tags corbett, donald, graham, and munro were either contributors
to the data and their names preserved by user:marscot or something else I
can't fathom.

In a diary entry from 2009, user:marscot has this to say: "tomorrow I head
into the mountains to grab another 3 munros for me and osm, they are Cairn
Asoda and Cairnwell, and another one further along." I gather from Google
that a "munro" is a peak in Scotland that is less than 3000 ft in height.
All fine and dandy, but is that a valid tag? And what is a "donald", or ....

corbett=yes
donald=yes
ele=821
graham=no