[Tagging] Was there every a proposal for the disused:key=* / abandoned:key=* lifecycle prefixes?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 13:24:49 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 30. Sep 2019, at 14:02, Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And then there are basilicas, both major and minor, which
> rank higher than cathedrals.

yes, this is one meaning of the word basilica, especially in catholicism, there is also another, art historic one, which describes a building of 3 naves in a specific configuration (lower lateral naves and windows below the roof between the central nave and those lateral naves).

I have proposed a long time ago a tag religious_rank which was thought for example as a modifier for places of worship and monsteries. It’s not particularly popular, but it could be suitable for finer distinctions:
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/religious_rank
(It’s currently not very likely we will map religious divisions/districts and represent the whole hierarchy of the catholic church (or others, but they are the biggest and likely most organized/differentiated) so that we could add churches as seat of a bishop to a relation). Additionally, I believe (not completely sure), that cathedrals might keep their title after a reorganization of the administrative district (so there could be 2 cathedrals for one bishop in some cases). And there are lower titles of churches, like collegiate churches, parish churches, etc, which are still more important than “ordinary” churches.

Cheers Martin