[Tagging] Rarely verified and third-party data staleness in OpenStreetMap

European Water Project europeanwaterproject at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 07:31:10 UTC 2020

Dear All,

I hope this note is not too off topic.

In order to maintain/improve the data quality for our mobile application, I
have been thinking about ways we can efficiently verify data for refill
points for drinking water at fountains participating refill cafes, bars and
other establishments. One idea I had was to create a map with possible
stale refill cafes (and rural fountains) for volunteers to verify.

Please find attached a draft note for a feature proposal, which I have no
idea if is even technically possible, for automatically adding a last
verified date/creation date to specific keys.  Maybe there is a better/more
efficient way ?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1MWSFfRBzA59i7wCeo-SLh4Cr1JxOh1Zo

If others believe the draft note can be a useful basis for a generalize
discussion on the topic of data staleness within OpenStreetMap, I will
create a wiki.

Best regards,

Stuart