[Tagging] Rarely verified and third-party data staleness in OpenStreetMap

European Water Project europeanwaterproject at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 06:09:30 UTC 2020

Dear Martin,

Yes, using external tables unioned to objects by opaque keys is not a very
KISS solution. A more KISS solution would be to keep tag meta data close to
or even better within the element itself.

Assuming all tag values are stored in zero based arrays, could we not add a
2 byte last updated/creation date meta data value to the [-1] index. The
overhead would be minimal, the overall OSM data structure would not have to
be modified.

Best regards,

Stuart