[Tagging] Request for assistance in creating a tag.

Mikko Tamura mikko.tamura at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 13:34:57 UTC 2020

I think a department or a small office is a better primary tag for hiv
treatment centers/ testing/ dispensary. Usually in our case in the
Philippines, a small building has a clinic and in that clinic there is a
small office space or room/s for hiv testing and for dispensing.

On Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 9:16 PM Paul Allen <pla16021 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Apr 2020 at 11:29, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Right, that doesn't work. If the HIV clinic or department has
>> different details, such as a different name, opening_hours, website,
>> etc, then it will need to be mapped as a separate feature, such as an
>> amenity=clinic node inside of the amenity=hospital area.
>>

> Thanks for giving your view of  the usage of amenity=clinic (and, by
> implication, healthcare=clinic as the wiki states it's an alternative
> to amenity=clinic).  The wiki pages for healthcare=clinic and
> amenity=clinic don't seem to explicitly state that these tags are
> appropriate for units/departments/centres of hospitals.
>
> I agree with your view.  The value "clinic" may not have been the best we
> could have chosen but there doesn't seem to be any other value to use
> for the X-ray department, diabetes centre, renal dialysis unit, etc. of a
> hospital. Before the current crisis I was mapping my nearest general
> hospital and using amenity=clinic + healthcare=clinic in this way.
>
> The only reason to think otherwise is that the wiki page on healthcare
> lists only two specialities for clinics: abortion and fertility,
> indicating that
> at least one person considered clinics to be standalone and not normally
> part of hospitals.
>
> So what's the consensus on clinics?  If there is a consenus (rather than
> the
> usual bunfight) I'll amend the wiki pages to make it explicit that clinic
> can be used for units/departments/centres in hospitals.
>
> --
> Paul

*MIKKO L. TAMURA*
*Administrator*