[Tagging] Things within things | Re: Request for assistance in creating a tag.

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 14:07:38 UTC 2020

>  I suspect carto people are going to say "no synonyms."

While synonyms are a bad idea, we are talking about something that is
NOT a synonym: an inpatient department of a hospital, rather than a
clinic or doctor's office.

> What is needed, though, is a tag for hospital wards.

That might also be useful. Could you explain the difference between
"department" and "ward" in British English usage?

I found a page with a list of departments at NHS hospitals, so
apparently both words are used to mean something different:

https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health-services/nhs/a4502/a-to-z-of-hospital-departments/

BTW, what is the most common term for an "emergency department" in the UK?

Is it still "Emergency Ward" or "Accident and Emergency Ward" or
something different

-- Joseph Eisenberg