[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - traffic_signals=crossing_on_demand

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 11:34:03 UTC 2020

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 10:36, <Lukas-458 at web.de> wrote:

> Which was mentioned a few posts before? The traffic lights control the
> junction, but people might say that the same one single traffic light is
> controlling the pedestrian crossing and the junction...

I would say that it is controlling the crossing because it is.  And just to
complicate matters further, it has a button for the pedestrian to press
so you'd presumably like to say it is on demand.  But in many cases where
the lights control both a crossing and a junction, the button may not
affect the timing of the signals.  The word "WAIT" illuminates when the
button is pressed (and stays illuminated until the signals change to
allow the pedestrian to cross) but that may be the only effect it has.
In those cases the pedestrian has only the illusion of control, not
actual control.

--
Paul