[Tagging] kerb=regular vs. raised

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 01:53:29 UTC 2020

On 31/7/20 12:42 am, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> In Indonesia, Costa Rica, Peru and Mexico, it is common to find 30cm
> kerbs in older neighborhoods. In Nicaragua there were some that were
> at least 45 cm high, in Leon or Granada.
>
> Tropical countries with heavy rainfall often do this to avoid flooding.

Also occurs near desert areas as they get 5 years rain fall in a day or
two.

Broken Hill has regular (normal, expected) curb heights of 25 cm, where
as Sydney has 15 cm .. not only are these in the same country but also
in the same state.

The word 'regular' is a poor choice for this tagging.

What is being tagged is the wheelchair/stroller/wheelbarrow
accessibility of the curb. That is what should be implied by the tagging
used.

Much easier to tag the numerical height of the curb as this avoids the
confusion of words, particularly with different languages, cultures and
climates.