[Tagging] Ahkwesáhsne, a territory of the Kanien'kehá:ka Nation of the Haudenosaunee Confederacy Was:Should admin_level=1 tag be applied to EU?

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 02:45:02 UTC 2020

On Sun, 2 Aug 2020 at 12:22, Clifford Snow <clifford at snowandsnow.us> wrote:

> The agreed upon tag for reservations is boundary=aboriginal_lands. It's
> used extensively in the US, Including the Mohawk Nation and across the
> Saint Lawrence River in Canada. We don't have consensus on how to tag off
> reservation land trusts but that's another topic.

Slightly OT question here, please.

I remember reading a US press article ~12 months ago (may have even been
mentioned on here in discussions at the time re = aboriginal_land?) to the
effect that the US Supreme Court was shortly due to rule on whether
historic tribal lands actually now belong to the Indian Nations?

Does that ring any bells with our US members, & are you aware of any
outcome?

Thanks

Graeme