[Tagging] RFC: service=? for all highway=service (service=parking needed, primarily, I think)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 08:39:41 UTC 2020

sent from a phone

> On 3. Aug 2020, at 06:09, David Dean <ddean at ieee.org> wrote:
>
> On the main parking road, I think we are largely in agreement that service=parking would be a good addition to OSM documentation (and is already in use throughout the world, as such).

if we need a specific service subtag for the access to parkings (which is already implicit through the fact that the road leads to a parking, and which leads to uncertainty which tag to choose if the road leads to parking and another use, like delivery for supermarkets), I would prefer are more verbose tag, as it is foreseeable that “parking“ will be confused with “parking_aisle”.

Cheers Martin