[Tagging] RFC: service=? for all highway=service (service=parking needed, primarily, I think)

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Mon Aug 3 09:04:59 UTC 2020

I agree that it would be helpful to distinguish more subtypes of highway=service.
However I find the proposed 'service=parking' misleading, as it suggests the way itself is
used for parking, not that it provides access to such facility.

I started a similar discussion four years ago, here is the thread start:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2016-March/028982.html

Possibilities discussed were:

service=parking_access
service=main