[Tagging] RFC: service=? for all highway=service (service=parking needed, primarily, I think)

Tobias Zwick osm at westnordost.de
Mon Aug 3 12:53:26 UTC 2020

service=parking_access also sounds most clear to me.

On the other hand, service=parking is already used almost 2000 times so
documenting that as "main access road in a parking" would just be
documenting the status quo, no proposal necessary, which is certainly
easier.

IF after research one can actually conclude that service=parking is
really used for that purpose and not for all kinds of roads in parking
that should actually be parking_aisles. So before reaching a conclusion,
I'd strongly suggest to first analyse a bit what really is the status
quo with service=parking.

Cheers
Tobias